11.05.2012

NOTD - The Newest Models Own Beetlejuice Hayley's Comet!



Good day lovely readers! Did you all have a wonderful firework filled weekend? Hope so!

If you’ve been a follower of my blog for a while, you’ll remember how pretty darn excited I was when Models Own first released the awesome collection that was Beetlejuice. All that duochrome goodness just made me go a tad insane! Which I certainly did & the moment they came out, I grabbed at them like the nail polish crazed gal I am. The original collection consists of Purple Blue, Pinky Brown, Golden Green, Aqua Violet & Emerald Green. All stunning little beauties & if that wasn’t enough, this summer Models Own released 3 more gorguz additions to the collection, Tropical Sun, Indian Ocean & Copper Pot. So of course, when I heard on the polish grapevine that Models Own were adding ANOTHER little beauty to the Beetlejuice family, going by the name of Hayley’s Comet…well you can guess who almost seizured in excitement & made the mad dash out to make the inevitable purchase to bring that baby home to join the rest of the fam ;) 


So the latest addition is the stunning & very unique looking Hayley’s Comet, which is actually quite hard to describe but to my eyes is a burnt coppery red with a pale blue/green & gold duochrome shift. Definitely different! As with a few of the other Beetlejuice’s, it’s very sheer so I decided to try it out not just by itself, but over black too & was blown away at how different it looked! 


What do you think? It’s every bit as beautiful as I thought it would be & I absolutely love it, not just alone, but over black it becomes the most beautiful sea green like shade!


I would have thought that 3 coats would be needed to achieve opaqueness, but found 2 thick ones was enough.  As with all Models Own, application was perfect. 


So yup, another winner! Welcome to the Beetlejuice family Hayley’s Comet! So happy to have this very unique addition & can’t wait to maybe try it over a few different colors now & see what shade comes out! :)

Models Own polish’s retail for £5 & are available online & in Boots. Thanks for reading lovelies! Have you tried Hayley’s Comet? 

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow it looks amazing over black! Will be trying this asap! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally surprised at how it came out! Yes you must hun, really want to try it over different colours now :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love Models Own! Sure wish they were easier to get here in the states. I found with the more sheer Beetlejuice polishes that you definitely need undies to make them look their best. I will be adding Hayley's Comet to my collection too. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love their polish's so much, they always come out with the most awesome looking collections! Yes you are so right, I used Indian Ocean in a jelly sandwich as it was so sheer & loved it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love Hayley's Comet colour and I adore the name!!!! Great post!!! X

    mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, yay so glad you love it too!! And you're so right, the name is FAB :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love the colour combo, really classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much huny, the two colours are so different yet I love them both. Can't believe the same polish can look so different! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo