4.26.2013

Getting Lippy - The Body Shop Love Gloss For Lips in Tropical Pink!

Hello there lovely readers! 

This particular Friday being even more glorious than usual as it also happens to be pay day! Oh that beautiful moment where you feel completely flush before the inevitable skintness that will follow after succumbing to an entire months worth of wish list lemmings...at least I can use the blog as an excuse for all make up related purchases...every time a cheeky purchase is made....& eyebrows are raised... “Its okay” I reply...“Tis for blogging purposes ya know”...saved. ;)



Even though I adore all things make up there's still one avenue in the make up world where I still do not venture much & that's lip colour, more often than not just applying quick slick of lip balm & being good to go! Not only do they scare the bejesus out of me but being a sufferer of incredibly dry lips, it just ends up being a bit of a long winded nuisance to wear lipsticks what with all the exfoliating & moisturising & preping etc. However having said all this I still somehow own a ton of lippies....How did that happen? ...*tumbleweed*




So I thought the time hath come to give those lip products some loving & start off slowly with the glosses, baby steps & all that ;) With the beautiful rays of these few days past, its definitely gotten one in that Summery mood. Wanting a suitably summery shade on the lips I reached for this sublime gloss from The Body Shop Love Gloss For Lips range in 18 Tropical Pink.



I was fortunate to receive this lovely gloss in the goody bag from the BBloggersXmasEvent last year, so its about time it got some much deserved loving as it is just gorg! This is the first gloss I've tried from The Body Shop & am super impressed, not only are they not overly sticky, as is the case with most glosses but the formula is nicely creamy & moisturising & it feels just divine on the lips.




At first glance Tropical Pink looks a tad daunting in the tube with all that orange but the coral tone is more subtle when on the lips & definitely adds to the bright tropical vibe, just perfect for Summer. There is also a delicate shimmer present however it adds a really pretty dimension to it without making the lips look all glittery which can be quite off putting.



The Body Shop Love Gloss For Lips come with a heart shaped wand applicator making precision application a doddle. It glides on to the lips beautifully & the subtle pop of colour is just my cup of tea, I luiuuuuuurve it :) Next time I'm passing The Body Shop I'll definitely be popping in to have a look at the other colours within this range which retail for £10.



Thanks for reading babes! Have you tried The Body Shop's Love Gloss For Lips range?

Lotsa love to ya!

4 comments:

  1. This would be perfect for this season as oranges and corks are really in right now

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew! Oooh yup I'm definitely seeing a lot of these shades around. This is perfect for that subtle pop of colour! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. The colour looks abit scary in the tube but on the lips looks very subtle and pretty :) great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it looks very daunting in the tube doesn't it? But twas so pleasantly surprised by how lovely & flattering it is once on the lips! Thank you so much sweety! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo