12.22.2013

Festive NOTD - Reindeer Nails!


Hello there lovely readers!

Feeling a wee bit melancholy to have reached the end of my nice long weekend break! Those who are off now for the whole of Xmas, I am very jealous, that is all & those who are venturing back to the office tomorrow...I feel your pain, but hey at least the week will be a short un :)

Time is on my side for once & there's still some left till Xmas so lets squeeze in another few festive mani's shall we? Today I have probably my most favourite festive mani so far to share with you lovelies....Reindeer Nails!
Bwaha! Whatchya think? This mani also proved to be rather educational as my knowledge on Santa's reindeer was abysmal but now I can name them all! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen & not forgetting good ol' Rudolph all managed to have a place in this mani! Thank god for Wiki...
To create the reindeer I started of with 2TrueCosmetics Shade 12 which is a lovely grey toned nude & the perfect shade for the reindeer faces. If you remember my Fox Nails from a while back, I did a little step by step pictorial on how to create them, well for the reindeer its pretty much the same concept so do have a looky back at that post!



Next step was to create the reindeer antlers for which I used Models Own Cherry Pie, the only brown-y polish I could find! I seem to be lacking in brown tones when it comes to polishes ;) I used a fine nail art brush to draw on the antlers for each of my little reindeer


Then all you need to finish is a black & white polish as well as a red for Rudolph! Using the black & white & a dotting tool I gave all my reindeer big bright eyes by starting off with a large white dot, then placing a smaller black dot inside that before adding a tiny white dot to finish.


Last step is the reindeer noses created by simply painting on an oval-ish dot on the tip, black for all but the ring finger Rudolph who of course gets a lovely red nose with a bit of red glitter added on for a bit o' sparkle :)


Not forgetting the topcoat to seal & you have your gang of reindeer ready to pull Santa's sleigh! Thanks for stopping by lovelies, hope you liked the festive mani!



Lotsa love to ya!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo