4.16.2014

Easter NOTD - Duck Egg Nails!

Hullo there lovely readers! Hope you're all having a tip top week, the weather is slowly but steadily picking up, work is good & the countdown has already begun for the beauty that is a four day Easter weekend, also giving two very delightfully shortened weeks in the process! *happy dance*

A wee bit concerned I haven't consumed me an easter egg yet though, plenty of the mini variety but those little uns hardly factor, this is something I plan to rectify greatly in the upcoming days...


Speaking of Easter naturally brings me on to the subject of today’s post...Easter themed nails! Unfortunately I can't seem to find the time lately to do any nail art but I am definitely going to try at the weekend! However I realised after doing this mani how much it resembled duck eggs, which is kind of an Easter theme right? Hey presto quick & easy Easter nails! All ya need? A base colour & some crackle polish!



I was sooo delighted with how these came out as I didn't expect it at all! Remember good ol' crackle polish? With all the many different types of texture polishes available now, crackle polishes have taken a bit of a back seat but I've definitely rekindled my love for them with this!


I just LOVE the colour combination of this, yes it even requires the use of capitals, it screams Spring as well as Easter to me! For the base I used Ciate Purple Sherbet, a pretty pale lilac that's quite sheer therefore needed a coupla coats for opacity.


Now that beautiful crackle topper from China Glaze, if I'd known China Glaze's crackle polishes were this great I would have made it my mission to own them all yonks ago! This particular shade which I found in Sally's is Crushed Candy & its not only the pale mint colour I love but also the way it crackles on the nail, creating such a pretty duck egg like effect whilst still showing plenty of the base colour.


A bit of topcoat for shine, bingo quick & easy Easter mani is good to go! Lets just pretend that I didn't happen to knock my thumb soon after finishing creating an annoying chip that I couldn't be done to rectify...O_o

Thanks as always for reading lovelies, hope you liked! Have you done any Easter nails? Till next time!



Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. i love your blog, i've just followed you via GFC. Love the nail design such a cute idea! i tried some of my own easter nail art which i'd love you to check out if you have a spare minute x

    Sarah | http://morrallofthestory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Sarah, so happy you like! ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo