8.02.2014

NOTD - Cartoon Roses

Hello there lovely readers! Can you believe we are in August already?! This year really does seem to be flying by!

Today I have some fun floral nails with a twist to share with you...Cartoon Roses! This design was inspired by the superbly talented @m_a_tom who I've been following on Instagram for a wee while now & am a big fan of her fab nail art skills! I saw this design she created & immediately thought...yup...I need to have me a go of those...so here we go!


I love how it gives floral nails an interesting & completely different take with the bold colours & black polish used for the detail making it really stand out.


I started with my base which was two coats of Rimmels Lose Your Lingerie, part of Rita Ora's little collab with Rimmel. I only picked it up as there was a buy one get second half price dealio going on when I went to buy my regular face powder. However I'm so glad I got this as its the most divine pale, almost white pink. Really lovely! It does state on the bottle that its a one coat polish yet I definitely felt the need for two!

For my roses I decided to reach for a few of my Models Own Hyper Gels, as the shades are so nice & vibrant. Simply using the brush that comes with the polish I just added a splodge of blue (Blue Glint), pink (Cerise Shine), coral (Coral Glaze) & yellow (Barry M) to each nail.


Then for the detail I used a nail art brush & black polish to create the swirly petal like  design, then added on some black polka dots randomly over the rest of the nail.


To finish I again went in with the nail art brush & some green polish (Models Own Green Tea) to add a few leaves to my roses. Last step was a nice thick coat of topcoat to seal & shine.

I loved this different take on roses, hope you did too lovelies! Thank you @m_a_tom for the inspiration! Thanks as always for stopping by lovelies! Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo