9.20.2014

NOTD - Butterfly Wing Nails & Tutorial!


Hello there lovely readers!

Its been a wee while since I've done a step by step nail art pictorial so I thought I'd rectify that today with some Butterfly Wing nails :) 
I've seen this nail design many times & its one I've been itching to try. Not only is it super pretty but so easy to do as well!


For the base colour of my butterfly wing nails I used this simply stunning beauty by 2TrueCosmetics, shade 6 from their limited edition Crystal Collection which is a stunning burnt orange & fuchsia pink duo-chrome shimmer. The colour shift is so prominent & eye catching, I adore it!
To start I applied two coats of this gorgeous polish which applied beautifully & dried in super quick time, I am most impressed with 2TrueCosmetics polish range which retail for a bargainous £1.99 & can be found in Superdrug.

Now to begin creating the design, I grabbed my nail art brush & some black polish & started off by drawing a quarter moon circle at the bottom left hand corner of the nail near the cuticle before adding on four curved lines from the quarter moon going about ¾ of the way down the nail...


Then using a black nail art pen I joined the four lines at the bottom to creating my curved edge wing shape...


Going back in with the black polish & brush I then filled in the remainder of the nail to the tips...


Then grabbing my white nail art pen, I added lots of little white dots to the black tips of the wing. 
After a quick clean up job around the edges using a thin brush & some acetone, I finally applied a nice thick coat of topcoat to finish & thats it! Pretty butterfly wings ready to fly!

Hope you like! Thanks as always for stopping by!



Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. This is really pretty- love the design. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The base colour you picked works brilliantly for butterfly wings! The duochrome is so pretty and you can really see it to full effect in the second picture x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I thought so too, the duochrome is perfect for shimmery butterfly wings & I was shocked at how amaze the 2TrueCosmetics ones are! So glad you liked :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo