3.22.2015

NOTD - 3D Aztec Nails

Hello there lovely readers!

Today we have a funky Aztec vibe going on with this 3D studded tribal mani I have to share with you beauts.




I adore Aztec patterns, they just scream summer times to me. Instead of doing a free hand design I decided to use some funky studs instead, to create a 3D effect & I loved the result!



For my base colour I used Barry M Matte nail paint in the shade Rhossili, a really lovely raspberry pink shade which dries to a matte finish. I applied two coats for full coverage which applied flawlessly, Barry M formulas are top notch!



Doing one nail at a time, after the second coat of polish had been applied, I grabbed a toothpick & my studs which are from Born Pretty Store, my go to place for bargainous nail art supplies. Psst you can also get an extra 10% off using my code TRUW10 ;)



Here I've used a combo of triangle & round studs. Dipping the toothpick in a little clear polish, I simply picked up the studs & placed on to the still tacky nail in a tribal style pattern.



I liked the matte effect so decided to forgo topcoat however I wanted to rock the tribal nails a bit longer so applied a couple of coats the next day to prolong the wear of the studs.



I hope you liked the 3D Aztec nails! Thanks as always for reading lovelies!



Lotsa love to ya!






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this nail art, need to get my hands on some studs & experiment!!!! <3

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much my lovely! YES YOU DO! Such an easy way to create fab fun nails! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo