5.11.2015

NOTD - Mint, Pearls & Polka Dots

Hello there lovely readers!

Anyone else wishing it was Friday already? ;) But I am thankful to have a wee reprieve from the office tomorrow with a trip into my fav city London for an appointment, whilst also squeezing in a visit to the FIAT garage in Marleybone & hopefully start the ball rolling in to getting a FIAT 500 into my life, something that's been on my wish list for a while! Fingers crossed! :)

Who doesn't love a hint of minty freshness? And there's definitely plenty of that going on with this super simply nail art I have to share with you beauts today with the addition of some pretty pearls and polka dots too!




I really liked the idea of mixing a cream pastel shade with some shimmery foil too for a nice contrast & I wasn't disappointed. I love this combination together!



For my pastel polish I opted for Models Own scented polish in Apple Pie, a divinely pretty pale pastel mint Green. I applied two coats on to my thumb, middle & little fingers




My foil of choice was LA Colors in Metallic Green, a gorgeous smooth pale green foil, which I applied two coats of on to the index & ring fingers. By the way did you know LA Colors polishes retail for 99p in Beauty Base?! Yes!





I then grabbed the Models Own Apple Pie again & used a double ended dotting tool to apply both small & large polka dots on to the nails with the green foil. Then using the LA Colors Metallic Green did the same but on the pastel mint nails.





Finally grabbing my nail art wheels I picked out a few pretty pearls to apply on random dots for an added 3D touch.





Finish with a slick of topcoat & that's it! Super fun & quirky design in minutes!

Like I said, I personally loved the colour combo, however my Uncle did so kindly mention that it kinda bought mould to mind when he saw these...NICE. Maybe next time Uncle dearest keep your comments to yourself...& perhaps I'll try a different colour combo...*coughs* O_o

Thanks for reading lovelies!



Lots love to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo