5.11.2016

NOTD - New Barry M Lolly Gloss Polishes!

Hello there lovely readers!

Its been a while since I've treated myself to a pretty new polish, so when I noticed that Barry M have been busy bees of late & released some exciting new paints, I couldn't resist picking up a few, for blogging purposes of course. It would've been rude not to ;)

I decided to nab a couple of the new Coconut Infusion shades, which I'll share in another post. Apparently these formulas contain such nail nourishing ingredients along the lines of coconut water and oil that no base coat is required! One less step? Happy days. But will put to the test soon.


The main polishes which caught my radar were the new Limited Edition Lolly Gloss Paints, a range of 4 fruity jelly like sheer polishes that have been compared to the OPI Sheer Tints & Color Paints. I confess I was a wee disappointed at the lack of colours, it would've been fab to have a rainbow of different tints, so I only picked out two shades, Pink Candy and Purple Pop


Each polish is delightfully scented with a yummy sweet strawberry note, not overpowering at all & my nails stayed smelling fab all day. I often at times wondered what the lovely smell wafting around me was, then realised it was my mani!

The finish of these polishes is sheer, almost jelly like, I love SQUISHY polishes! So these were definitely satisfying. However despite that I still found 2 coats to be sufficient enough for coverage which is great! On to the swatches...


This was two coats of Pink Candy applied without topcoat, look how glossy! A cheerfully bright pink perfect for the summer. I love the finish & the formula was wonderful to work with, You can easily apply a 3rd coat if you want a super opaque gel like finish


Purple Pop went on very sheer on the first coat but darkened up nicely on the second one. A nice dark grape alternative to the pink. You can still see a slight visible nail line which can again easily be rectified with a 3rd coat.


Both polishes applied beautifully & the brushes are fab quality making application even smoother. Of course sheer tint polishes are a nail artists DREAM, so many ideas floating around on how to use these, Glitter Jelly sandwiches...Stained Glass effect...Rainbow nails...


Naturally I couldn't resist having a play around & come up with a fun design with these which I will share with you along with a step by step tutorial in my next post to give you an idea on how they can be used!

The Barry M Lolly Gloss polishes are Limited Edition so grab them while you can! Available from all Barry M counters for £3.99 & as mentioned Superdrug currently have them on offer for but 1 get 1 half price!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo