4.04.2017

NOTD - Rustic Rose Trellis Nails

Hello there my lovely readers,

There's nothing that makes me happier than wearing a feminine floral manicure & my favourite way to achieve such a look on the nails is by adding a few roses onto them, giving your mani a vintage kitsch vibe! And now that we are into Spring well...I have the powers of foresight & I predict a lot more floral mani's to come!.

There's many different ways to freehand roses, adding a few drops of a light & dark colour on top of one another & swirling until you form petals, drawing a whole rosebud like I did on my Beauty & The Beast manicure HERE...One of my favourite ways lately is applying little curved swirls around a dot of polish to create a rustic rose with petals like I've done today.


I am also seriously loving this colour combination, a mix of gothic vampy burgundy & sweet subtle pink giving a gorgeous contrast to look



The polishes I've used here are Zoya Gie Gie for the light which is a delicate soft pink that Zoya do so well & Golden Rose polish in shade 36 for the dark which I picked up on my Turkey trip last year & is one of those deliciously vampy brown red glossy shades that every girl needs at least ten of ;)


Using the two shades, I opted for the majority of the mani to be pink with dark roses with the pinkie done in alternating tones.


As mentioned to create this delicate rose trellis nail art, start by applying a wee dot on to your nail where you want your rose to be, then using a fine nail art brush & more polish, start adding little swirls around the dot, circling around until you are happy with your finished rose!


I added these along one side of the nail from top to bottom before adding a bit of leaf detail using a spot of green polish & finishing with topcoat.


Hope you liked dolls! Do let me know if you give it a try! Till next time!


Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. Loved loved loved these nails. The design is gorgeous and I love the base polish you used. I don't have that Zoya but I think I have something similar! I'll have to have a look so that I can recreate this design.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Vicky! Coming from you that means so much! I'm so happy you love the design, you really can't beat florals & YES please let me know if you do! Would love to see! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo