9.14.2017

NOTD - Negative Space Wave!

Hello there lovely readers!

Today's nail art design was one of those moments that I have, quite frequently if I'm honest, where I literally have no clue what the heck I'm doing, I just simply say a few prayers to the nail goddess & hope for the best. The result this time...a negative space, dotticure wave look.


Its been a while since I've done a negative space design & I can't for the life of me see why as I actually kinda dig them! Some folks are weirded out by the fact that some sections of the nail are left bare, but I actually love the edgy modern look, it definitely allows you to play around in lots of ways! Have a peek at my Metallic Lilac one a few years back (*cringes at photo quality back then*) for another design idea for a negative space look.
For this one I started with using my main polish of choice which is from KIKO shade 407. Oh my dear KIKO when will you start actually naming your polishes?! Its strange, on the website there are names but nothing on the bottle, or maybe its just mine? Hazarding a guess though I'm thinking this shade is Pearly Indian Violet, a lush deep purple crelly with tiny holographic microshimmer.
For the negative space look simply apply the polish on left side of the nail only covering about three quarters of the nails bed, using the brush to apply it in a wave like so. It doesn't have to be perfect!
Then grabbing either a white nail art pen or a thin brush & some white polish, follow & outline the edge of your curve with the white.
Next on the inner side add on a row of white dots along the curved line using a dotting tool & more white polish.
Finally for an extra touch I added a dot of sparkly teal green glitter on to the bare part of the nail using Angelica Bewitched before finishing with topcoat!
What do you think? Are you a fan of the negative space look? Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo