9.04.2017

NOTD - Anna Sui New York Fashion Week Inspired Nails

Hello there lovely readers!

I have a bit of a backlog at the moment of nail art that I want to share on this here blog, as I've mentioned before I've been partaking in a few nail art challenges on Instagram of late which are not only fun but have been really good for me to get creative & challenge myself when it comes to my nail art which as you know I love!

You can have a peek at my Instagram of course (@aysh_xox) where I've been regularly posting my designs but seeing as I have this space on the interwebs too, I wanted to share them on here as well.

I LOVE finding inspiration for nail art in EVERYTHING. However one of my favourite places to seek inspo is in the world of fashion. There really is so much room to have fun & explore. One of the first challenges I took part in, I was overjoyed upon hearing Fashion was the theme. 

I went to browsing online for a piece to inspire me & I was immediately caught by this beautiful Anna Sui dress that Gigi walked on the runway during New York Fashion Week & I simply had to recreate it on my nails.
I'm so so happy with how these came out, it seemed really complicated to begin, but its just a matter of following a pattern sequence of curved lines & once you get the knack of it, its actually pretty straightforward!

I started off with applying some black polish to the tips in a french manicure style using the brush from the polish.

Then grabbing a fine nail art brush & more black polish, I started to freehand the line pattern to replicate the dress, starting with one curved black line above the french tip in the centre, then adding three curved lines on top of that either side angled upwards, before going in again with three more horizontal curves in the centre & so on until I'd covered the whole nail (hope that made sense!) The trick is to just take your time with each section.

Once I'd completed each nail I then grabbed a bright yellow creme & sparkly orange polish & again using a fine nail art brush, added on a few flowers to each nail, about three or four of each colour, doing my best to mimic the ones on the dress. I added on a dot of green teal glitter in the centre to complete the florals.

Final step of topcoat to seal & shine & I was done! I am honestly in love with this design so much I will definitely have to recreate it at some point. I mean theres no way I can afford the dress itself so will simply have to make do with living vicariously through my nails!

I hope you liked the Anna Sui inspired nails too my lovelies!  

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo