11.27.2017

NOTD - Autumn/Fall Tree Dotticure

Hello there lovely readers!

Before we wave a fond farewell to Autumn this year I wanted to share with you one of my favourite Fall Nail Art designs I did but totally forgot to put up on here! Plus I'm just not yet ready to get rid of all the comforting Autumn feels just yet!



Using one of my most loved nail art techniques I threw together this super easy Tree design with Dotticure Leaves using, of course, some suitably Autumnal tones!

I love dotticures as you can have so much fun playing around & experiment with different sizes, sequences & shades. 


For my base here I wanted a lovely light creme base to really make the design stand out & for this I used my favourite Nina Pro Ultra shade in Rum and Reggae, I know....I use this one A LOT. But it really is one of those perfect neutral base shades with a fabulous formula. Two coats for a lovely smooth opaque finish.


I then grabbed a brown polish, here I've used Revlon Chocolate Truffle & using a thin nail art brush, just freehanded on a tree, starting with the trunk in the centre, before applying curved strokes coming out from the top for the branches. The beauty of this is you can freely play around, it doesn't have to be perfect as all trees are different non?


Once you have your trees ready but bare you can get started on your dots!


Starting with some red leaves first, I picked Nails Inc in the shade Tate & using my dotting tool, added on random dots onto my branches.


Next for some orange leaves, here I've used Nina Ultra Pro shade that is sadly namless but is a super pretty glass fleck shimmer orange shade! Adding a nice touch of glam & pizzaz to the mani why not :) Again with the dotting tool, apply your orange leaves amongst the red.


Finally for a touch of green I used Zoya Apple, a delicious indeed apple green with also a touch of sparkle & using the dotting tool again, added my green leaf touch.


On my little finger I created an accent nail using the rather suitable Revlon Autumn Spice which is a lovely warm purple brown duochrome, on top of this I applied a coat of China Glaze Electrify which is an incredible red & gold glitter party of a polish! 


Finishing it all with topcoat & I had me a mani perfect for Fall :) Hope you liked!  Stay tuned for things to start looking a bit festive on here with lots of Christmas nail art to come! 

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo