12.23.2017

Festive NOTD - Christmas Wreath French Tips!

Hey there lovely readers!

I have seriously slacked with the Christmas nail art this year...bah humbug Aysh! But on account of being away in sunnier climates for part of the month (where, lets be honest, festive inspiration is harder to come by right?) I think I'll let myself off whilst at the same time pat myself on the back for managing to do any at all haha! But here we are with a fourth & final Festive mani for the year...Christmas Wreaths!

For this design I decided to go for a festive french tip style look, which was inspired by a design I saw on IG from the awesomely talented Elena aka @nailexperiments, incorporating some Christmas Wreaths/Garlands on to the tips, instead of the usual nude base/white tips however I decided to go to town & include holo's, greens, reds AND golds...go hard or go home right?

First things first, I started with my base shade. You can of course leave the base bare or nude like a normal french manicure but hey...its Xmas! I decided to go for some holo goodness courtesy of Princess Nail Lacquer, another divine indie nail polish brand created by the lovely Ashleigh. You know I love discovering & supporting independent businesses! This shade is Aimee & was actually named after her best friend, how cute! Aimee is a stunning copper holographic glitter which is opaque in 2-3 coats but here I only wanted a light touch so applied one coat.

Next for the french tips, I opted to go for some gold & used Models Own Bullion Bling from their SoFly collection for full on bling goodness. Apply the gold only onto the tips of your nails & don't worry about perfecting a neat smile line/edge as we will be covering it next!

Now for the festive Garland/Wreath! As I knew I wanted to make these quite detailed it offered the perfect opportunity for me to dig out my SoNailicious Needle brush again which I also used for my Snowflake nails in my previous post.

Start with a darker green polish, here I've just used a random one I had in my stash from brand Golden Rose. Using your brush, apply small fine angled lines to create the leaves, first going down, then going upwards with your strokes, all along the tip.

Then using the same brush but this time a lighter green, yet another random minty green creme that was nearest to me at the time, I believe this was one I got in a nail art set from Topshop! Add some lighter green strokes in between the dark green.

I also found some green glitter polish which I applied a bit of on top to add dimension.

Then finally for our holly berries I used Models Own Vandal, also from the SoFly Collection & using a dotting tool added trios of berries on to the wreaths.

Finish with topcoat & you have your festive French Mani! Hope you like my dears! If your feeling the need for some Christmas vibes on your nails too then catch all my designs HERE for lotsa easy inspo! Wishing you all a wonderful Xmas however you spend it & I will catch up with you beauties in the new year!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo