12.18.2017

Festive NOTD - Lilac Pastel Starry Night Sky

Hello there lovely readers!

So I'm back from my holiday in the beautiful Dubai, which has completely captured my heart & then some, I already cannot wait to return next year! But for now lets get back to continuing all things FESTIVE with some suitably Christmas-y nail art shall we?


Due to aforementioned mini winter break, I've not had the chance for much nail art play, but I'm hoping to play catch up & roll out a few before the year is out! Today I have for you something a bit different...a pastel Starry Night design that was super easy to achieve & I'm so happy with how it came out!


I had an idea in my head to do a festive starry night look, but instead of reaching for the traditional warm red & gold tones which I've seen this design done with, I instead opted for soft pastel lilac tones.


The main reason for using this particular colour theme was that I was dying to try out this Wet N Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Nail Polish I picked up on my Dubai trip in the shade Don't Be Jelly!


Don't Be Jelly is a soft lavender creme that gives a gel like finish. The colour was actually lighter than I thought, the bottle being a tad misleading! Despite that the formula was great & the brush absolutely fantastic, being wide brimmed, making application super smooth & easy! This is two coats.


I then grabbed an old favourite, Models Own Mystic Mauve, which is a super pretty pale purple metallic shade. 

Using one of my (many) make up sponges that I have lying around, I simply applied a bit of Mystic Mauve to the corner of a sponge & dabbed this onto the tips of the nail only to create the pretty gradient effect.


Then for the design itself, I grabbed my fine nail art brush & some white polish & freehanded a lone star on to each nail. This is super easy to do, just draw on a straight vertical line, then a horizontal line a quarter of the way down till you have a cross.


Then on to the cross add on two small diagonal lines where the lines meet & you have your star! For added detail I dotted on few smaller white dot stars, before finishing with topcoat!

Hope you like this look my lovelies! Stay tuned for more easy Christmas Nail Art inspiration to come! 

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo