1.16.2018

NOTD - Abstract Nails

Hello there lovely readers!

Now I'm not sure what to call this nail art look I have for you today...You see it WAS meant to be an attempt at the arty abstract look that I've been seeing pop up on my IG feed so often of late, in particular by the awesome SoNailicious & was one of the hottest trends of last year.


However I'm not certain if my result here can be referred to as abstract or just a hot mess! Haha! I sort of adopted the technique of picking my polishes & simply going with the flow of randomness & brush strokes to see what the end result would be...aka this look!

What do you think? Despite not going QUITE how I expected it to I still absolutely love the idea of abstract nail art, in that you can simply just have fun & play around with different styles, strokes, colours & techniques! Because to me that's what its all about right? Having fun!

I started with my base colour, I wanted a light shade to work on so applied a couple of coats of Nails Inc Elizabeth Street, a perfect milky pale pink creme.

I then reached for a minty green polish, I didn't snap a pic of this as the bottle was a just a random mini I had lying around! Anyhoo, starting with the green, I wiped the brush on the edge of the bottle until there is only the bare minimum polish left on the brush, & applied a few strokes of mint to every nail.

I then used this vibrant barbie pink shade Material Girl by Eve Snow. Using the same dry brush technique as with the previous polish, I added on a few random strokes of pink to each nail.

Next grabbing this pretty purple shade from Mavala called Mexico, I decided to switch technique & dot on two short rows of three dots to each nail like so using a dotting tool...

Now at this point I wanted to add some flakes of foil, but for some reason the glue that I have was NOT cooperating with the foil (Note to self: buy proper foil glue!) so I gave up with the foil & switched instead to this pretty sparkly glitter from Claire's that has the most gorgeous combination of pale pink & gold glitters. So to finish I applied this glitter randomly also to each nail.

So there we have it, my first attempt at Abstract nails but by no means my last! It really is a lazy persons nail art dream & each result will bring something different! Thanks as always for reading, catch you next time!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo