2.14.2018

NOTD - Stained Glass Nails

Hey there lovely readers!

One of my favourite polish formulas to use are glass fleck polishes. I doubt this is the "technical" term for them, but its how I refer to them anyhoo! These are basically shimmer formulas that contain tiny shards or flakes of glitter rather than fine micro glitter particles & I have accumulated quite a few!


These sort of shades are perfect for stained glass nails as they shimmer and sparkle so prettily so that is what I have for you today! I actually created this mani for one of the nail art challenges last year but I forgot to put it up on here *slaps wrist*

To create Stained Glass nails like this is actually easier than it may seem!

I have done an in depth step by step Tutorial post on how to do Stained Glass nails HERE so definitely go have a peek at that!

Basically you just need a thin brush & some black polish to then apply thin lines haphazardly across the nail until you have created triangular sections of various sizes!

Then you grab a few different shades, here I've used a green, fuchsia pink & gold glitter/glass fleck polishes I had in my collection.

 Again using a fine nail art brush, just fill in your triangles with the different shades.

Once done. go over the black lines again to sharpen the edges, before applying a line around the edge of the whole nail.

Finish with a slick of topcoat & you have your stained glass nails! You can use as many or as few shades as you like, just have fun! Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo